Romano’s Macaroni Grill Unveils 'Tastes of Sorrento' Menu for Summer
Romano’s Macaroni Grill, a national restaurant chain with award winning Italian food, unveiled a new, limited time “Tastes of Sorrento” menu just in time for summer. Inspired by the open air markets of Sorrento, Italy, colorful dishes like Watermelon Arugula Salad, Sorrento Lemon Chicken and Peach Bellini Cake take center stage on the seasonal menu now available at all Romano’s Macaroni Grill locations nationwide. Also available now is a “Duo Dining” deal, which includes a choice of two entrees, a shared dessert and any two beverages for $40 on Thursday evenings.
The “Tastes of Sorrento” menu, which includes two antipasti dishes, two salads, a soup, four entrees and two desserts, is available through September and sure to provide a bright, refreshing and light twist to any summer evening dining experience. New menu items include:
- Amalfi Steamed Mussels: Fresh mussels are steamed in a lemon parmesan white wine broth with yellow tomatoes and fresh herbs.
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Jumbo Shrimp: Succulent jumbo shrimp wrapped in prosciutto are stuffed with sundried tomato, goat cheese, lemon butter and chives.
- Fresh Corn Chowder: This creamy broth-based soup features fresh sweet corn, potatoes and is topped with diced avocado.
- Watermelon Arugula Salad: Fresh watermelon, arugula and kale are topped with ancient grains, fresh sweet corn, celery, chives, toasted walnuts and a blood orange vinaigrette.
- Roasted Chicken + Spring Vegetable Salad: Hand-pulled roasted chicken and arugula are tossed with asparagus, snap peas, grape tomatoes, fresh avocado, toasted walnuts and Grana Padana cheese, then finished with a Mediterranean vinaigrette.
- Sorrento Lemon Chicken: Brick oven roasted half-chicken is served in a Sorrento lemon Parmesan broth with rosemary citrus russet potato wedges.
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi: Grilled Mahi-Mahi filet paired with bruschetta tomatoes, pesto gnocchi and topped with fresh basil.
- Sicilian Eggplant Caponata Spaghetti: Hand-pulled chicken is simmered with an eggplant vegetable medley and tossed with spaghetti and imported buffalo mozzarella.
- Spinach + Artichoke Chicken Pizza: This fresh-baked pizza is topped with chicken, artichokes, spinach and white sauces, plus fresh mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Panna Cotta: A traditional, silky Italian vanilla cream is topped with choice of passion fruit puree or strawberry coulis and mint.
- Peach Bellini Cake: This decedent Champagne cake features layers of mascarpone Chantilly cream, plus summer peaches, fresh berries and passion fruit puree.
“There’s nothing better on a warm, summer day than enjoying a light, delicious meal while making memories with your loved ones at Macaroni Grill,” says Holly Wagstaff-Bellomo, vice president of marketing, Macaroni Grill. “With our summer-inspired ‘Taste of Sorrento’ menu available for a limited time, plus our ‘Duo Dining’ prix fixe on Thursdays, summer is the perfect time for our guests to try these delightful new dishes and savor the time-honored traditions and flavors of Italy.”
The “Duo Dining” prix fixe menu promises guests a dining option that everyone can appreciate. With the choice of two signature entrees, a shared dessert and any two beverages for $40, the menu offers something special to delight every palate. Guests can also choose to add a shared appetizer for $5 more, and select bottles of wine are additionally available for $20.